Click here for a list of registrants of UNITECR ’13
NEW! Download the Final Program then use the Itinerary Planner to build your UNITECR’13 schedule.
UNITECR’13 is designed for manufacturers, scientists, engineers and industry professionals interested in the science, production and application of refractory materials. The technical program covers:
- Advanced Installation Techniques & Equipment Co-Chairs: Jim Stendera, Vesuvius, USA and Hirohide Okuno, Taiko Refractories Co. Ltd., Japan
- Advanced Testing of Refractories Co-Chairs: Len Krietz, Plibrico Company LLC, USA and Nigel Longshaw, Ceram Research Ltd., UK
- Cement & Lime Refractories Co-Chairs: Fielding Cloer, Spar Refractories, USA; Swapan Das, Central Glass & Ceramic Research Institute, India
- Developments in Basic Refractories Co-Chairs: Dominick Colavito, Minerals Tech, USA; Andrie Garbers-Craig, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Energy Savings through Refractory Design Co-Chairs: James Hemrick, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA; Valeriy Martynenko, The Ukrainian Research Institute of Refractories, Ukraine
- Global Education in Refractories Co-Chairs: George Oprea, University of British Columbia, Canada; Yawei Li, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
- Iron & Steel Making Refractories Co-Chairs: Mike Alexander, Riverside Refractories, USA; Patrick Tassot, Calderys, Germany
- Modelling and Simulation of Refractories Co-Chairs: Bill Headrick, MORCO, USA; Harald Harmuth, Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
- Monolithic Refractories Co-Chairs: Dale Zacherl, Almatis, USA; Goutam Bhattacharya, Kerneos, India
- Nonoxide Refractory Systems Co-Chairs: Dave Derwin, Superior Graphite, USA; Marcus Vinicius Moraes Magliano, Morgan Advanced Materials, Brazil
- Petrochemical Co-Chairs: Don McIntyre, ANH, USA; Ken Moody, Refractory System Solutions, USA
- Raw Materials Developments & Global Raw Material Issues Co-Chairs: Shane Bower, Christy Minerals, USA; Phil Edwards, Imerys, France
- Refractories for Chemical Processes Co-Chairs: James Bennett, National Energy Technology Laboratory, USA; Matthias Rath, Rath, Austria
- Refractories for Glass Co-Chairs: M.D. Patil, Corning Inc., USA; Adam Willsey, Kopp Glass, USA
- Refractories for Nonferrous Metallurgy Co-Chairs: Rick Volk, United Refractories, USA; Angela Rodrigues-Schroer, Wahl Refractory Solutions, USA
- Refractories for Waste to Energy Processing & Power Co-Chairs: Ben Markel, Resco, USA; Andy Wynn, Morgan Advanced Materials, China
- Safety, Environmental Issues & Recycling Solutions for Refractories Co-Chairs: Jason Canon, Christy Refractories, USA; Leonardo Curimbaba Ferreira, US Electrofused Minerals/Electroabrasives LLC, USA/Brazil
Author Guidelines | Poster Preparation Guidelines | What’s a Poster Presentation?
UNITECR’13 plays host to the inaugural poster session, hosted Wednesday, September 11, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Palm Court room. Featuring 41 presentations, meet with authors to discuss their research over light refreshments. Please attend and cast your vote for Attendee’s Choice Best Poster winner. Thank you to The Technical Association of Refractories, Japan for sponsoring this event.
Each attendee will receive a USB fl ash drive that includes over 250 papers from UNITECR’13. Thank you to Imerys for sponsoring the fl ash drives.
The official language of UNITECR 2013 is English.